Subject: Re: [Leica] Is this another R8 flaw or am I just over-worried?
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 14:57:10 +0100

Pascal wrote:

<<<<< I have noticed that if you manipulate the 70-180 APO on the R8 (like
focussing), there is some play on the lens mount (only some millimeters
but it can be felt). This has nothing to do with the lens, but with the
body. After you mount a lens until it clicks into position, you still can
turn the lens some millimeters.>>>>>>

Hi Pascal,

I just tried mine (70-180 2.8) on the R8 and the lens just locks into place
and doesn't move.

And there isn't any movement as you are experiencing with any of my lenses.

I guess it is one of those questions you should ask directly of Leica.

I don't think it is a flaw if you have been getting your images sharp and
nothing seems like it is about to fall off the body. However if it gives
you concern I'd ask the technical folks of Leica directly.

ted