Subject: [Leica] Re: Shade for DR SUMMICRON
From: Robert Rose <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 17:29:13 -0700

What do you mean by "correct"?

Do you want historical accuracy, or do you want a really
neat alternative that looks and works better than an "original"?

For the alternative, check out the chrome hood that matches to the
new Elmar 50mm.  Works great, look cool, chrome is identical
to the DR Summicron, and the cap goes over the hood.  I credit
Mike Lahman for that discovery.  There is a picture of one (in black)
in the latest Viewfinder on an Elmar.

For authenticity I suppose it depends on the year the lens was made.
Perhaps the ITDOO, IROOA or 12585?

Now here is kicker ----- the new hood is cheaper than the used ones!

Bob Rose

>>> D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg> 04/27 11:09 PM >>>
Hi Friends

What is the part number/code for the correct shade for the DR Summicron?

Thanks.

Dan CC Khong
Singapore.