Subject: Re: [Leica] 21mm.
From: "Eric Welch" <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 98 22:29:41 Set the time zone in the Time preference utility

>Alberto:
>
>Just for the record, the Canon EF 24mm 2.8 is among the best lenses
around.
>I know this is reason for flaming around here, but it rivals some MF
>lenses, and certainly even the best Leica has to offer.

I owned that lens, and it's a great one. Right up there with Nikon's 24mm
2.8, which is a superb lens. But it lacks the thing, whatever it is, that
gives Leica lenses a three-dimensional quality. That's not a slam of the
Nikon or Canon lenses. They're probably sharper than some Leica lenses,
but they still lack that "look" I love in Leica.

=======
Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO