Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures taken with SOOKY-M
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 12:47:01 +0200

At 10:20 28.04.1998 +0200, Martin V. Howard wrote:
>I'm aware of this problem with wide-angle lenses.  However, I thought that
>50mm was the closest to the eye's natural angle (or whatever they call it)
>and therefore it wouldn't be a problem.

It's more pronounced in wide angles, but you have it with a 50 mm also.
The most natural to human perception is the 90 mm, while the 35 mm
agrees appr. to the central angle (though you realize - mainly -  movements
also on larger degrees = more outside). It's different when you concentrate
on a subject, then the (attention) angle is far more reduced to a little
more than 10 degrees.

The description of the section at 50 cm is correct, hence your hope's
will become true.

Alf

Alfred Breull

e-mail:  <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>