Subject: Re: [Leica] Pictures taken with SOOKY-M
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@3villagecsd.k12.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 14:50:07 -0400

Martin V. Howard
>Consequently, a nose ought to be more disproportionally large with a
>35mm from 19 inches away, than with a 50mm near-focus from 19 inches
>away.

Nope!  You getting into the perspective fallacy.  It is my understanding
that the perspective of 2 lenses from the same original location have
exactly the same perspective.  If you were to blow up a print from a 35mm
lens so that it was the subject was the same size as the 50mm image, the 2
subjects would be identical except for the grain and contrast changes in the
enlargement.  But the proportions of your subject would be identical!

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, Lake Grove, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 70 miles east of Leica USA