Subject: Re: [Leica] Proprietary Bayonets, Yet again
From: Jeff Alford <alford@batnet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 19:10:03 -0700

Many camera manufacturers offer technology packages to the Tokina's and Tamron's
of the world. Some of these companies offer different levels of information.
Thus, when new technology is implemented some of these companies can be left out
in the cold. This happened to Sigma with the Maxxum 7000i. They only purchased
the Maxxum 7000 technology. This caused major problems and Sigma was not only
forced to upgrade the lenses for free, but they also had to update there
technology contract.

Jeff Alford