Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and new 50/1.4
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 06:58:17 -0500

At 10:06 PM 4/28/98 +0000, you wrote:

>If anyone has experience with the new R 50/1.4, I'd love to hear about it.
>Also saw the new 180 APO/Elmarit.  It may be optically better than the lens
>it replaced, but it's bigger, has a plastic hood, and an unwieldy look
>compared to the sleak, beautifully made lens it replaced IMHO.

Well, plastic hoods are cool. They BOUNCE!

Bigger? That's funny, I thought it was supposed to be smaller. All reports
so far have been it's much better optically. For me, that's the bottom line.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The young child is looking in the world to find himself -
reflected in a mirror with a thousand faces.

- -Maria Montessori