Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica-automotive analogies
From: "Matthew A. Cenzer" <mcenzer@nwu.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:56:59 -0500 (CDT)

Jim Laurel wrote:

>Actually, I still think the analogy of Leica to Land Rovers is more
>accurate.  Solidly-built, well-designed, not nearly as reliable or as
>feature-rich as modern Japanese counterparts...sound familiar, Luggers?
>Both products have the the guts where it counts and are unbeatable for thier
>intended use.

I have always thought that the best automotive analog of the Leica (M) is
the Porsche 911: A basically simple design that is continually being
rendered "obscelete" by newer, more sophisticated (less quirky) machines.
Yet in the right hands the 911 like a Leica M it produces unmatched results.

- --
Matthew A. Cenzer
Department of History
Northwestern University