Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #14
From: "Skip Heitzig" <wavedude@nmia.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 08:56:09 -0700

Scott:

You mentioned:
I'm new to the group and have just acquired an M5 body. It needed an
overhaul
when I bought it, so it went to the shop immediately. The camera store put
Varta 625 battery in it thinking it was the correct one for the camera,
which
of course is wrong. It really needs the PX-625 which is no longer
available.

Could some of you who use an M5 please respond with meter battery
replacement
solutions? I've heard that the current replacement cells don't last long,
are
hard to come by, and expensive. I see an ad in Shutterbug for a device from
C.R.I.S. in Chandler Az. which replaces the PX625 with a microcircuit
device
that you insert a Silver 76 battery into. Anyone using them?

Thanks

Scott Stewart

As far as I know the similar problem existes with the Leica CL. When I
owned mine I took and had the meter recalibrated to be compatible with the
newer and more readily available batteries. This saves time and hassle
especially when travelling. Otherwise the light readings will be
consistently erroneous. This is easily done and not too costly. Good
Shooting!

Skip Heitzig