Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm = amateur
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 08:13:49 -0500

At 09:01 AM 5/2/98 +0100, you wrote:

>Actually, I think he has a valid point. But his point also applies to
>medium format. If you're after ultimate image quality, it's got to be
>10x8...

He doesn't have a point. He didn't say "ultimate image quality" and by
whose definition do we arrive at what that means?

I'd take a William Albert Allard 35mm frame (his good stuff) over the work
of just about any 8x10 photographer with less vision and say "That's
quality." In the end, it's what one does with whatever tools work for the
given job. Anything more than that is mere puffery.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed