Subject: Re: [Leica] HELP! Red Dots and Filters
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 15:05:09 +0000

Marc James Small wrote:

> Are you telling me that I've misunderstood the complaint about the Red Dot
> for all of these years?  I thought you guys believed there were gangs of
> thieves out there who would steal the Red Dot -- and now you're telling me
> this isn't it.  I don't follow this.  If they're not going to steal the Red
> Dot, why cover it up?  What am I missing!?

Oh, yes, there are gangs of  thieves out there waiting to get their
hands on the red dot.  They sell them to children's TV and they use
them when teaching kids to sing. Just follow the bouncing red dot.

And, of course, there are the gremlins who taken them reduce them in
size and stick them in the eyes in your family snaps.  Thats how many
keep the red eye out of their photos, the cover them up with black
tape, of course the family members all look like criminals, but who
cares. The red dot is gone.
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto