Subject: Re: [Leica] "Normal" perspective
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 03 May 1998 16:33:22 -0500

At 08:32 AM 5/3/98 -0400, you wrote:

>people will say gives it a 'wide-angle look'.  If I mounted a 500mm lens on
>the camera, and aimed towards the same point, all I would see on the 35mm
>negative would be a few bricks or windows in the middle of the building,
>the 'wide-angle' look would be gone.  But, if the 500mm lens could produce
>a large enough image circle, and I used it to expose a large enough piece
>of film, the keystoning would still be there, just like the 20mm lens.

It would be a wide angle lens. Or your film would be a heck of a lot bigger
than 35mm. What you're talking about is something some non-photo editors
ask for, the wide-angle tele look.
:-)

What doesn't change from the same position is perspective.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

There is a pleasure in being mad in which none but mad men know.

Dryden