Subject: [Leica] Apocromats
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 3 May 1998 20:42:41 -0500

Please excuse me if I haven't got this right but...

If apocromats are lenses which have been corrected so that the three primary
colors are in focus on the same plane, then why are there no short focal
length apocromats, e.g. under 100mm in 35mm format?

Do Leica apocromats have an improved color rendition over lenses in which
only two of the primary colors are in focus on the same plane?

Bud Cook