Subject: [Leica] sunny 16 (was: Leica lenses stopped down)
From: Francois Jouve <Francois.Jouve@polytechnique.fr>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 19:04:16 +0200 (MET DST)

I agree that most of the leica lenses reach their optimum at f4 or f5.6.
But for a lot of reasons, most of the street photographer like 400 iso
films (TMY of TriX - no flame). Then, outdoor when the sun is shining, you
get f11-1/1000. What is the solution ? Hide your beloved Leica most of the
daytime or wait for a M7 with 1/4000 (and btw 1/250 sync speed) - but as
quiet as the M6.

So I think the performances of lenses stopped down are an important issue,
even if we know that physical limitations prevent them from being too
sharp.

F.J.