Subject: [Leica] M6 problem
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <n5xrd@telepath.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 21:37:09 -0500

Lugs,

Well for the second time I have had a  problem with an M camera.  The
frirst time was when I bought an M4-P new around 1982, and the glass in the
VF  window fell sideways.  Leica fixed it.  I also have a silver medal I
received with the camera showing the camera on one side and Barnack on the
other with "Erfinder der Leica" across the top and 1879-1936 on the bottom
(Barnack's life  span)  It is in a round plastic container in a small black
box.  Anyone have any idea what it would be worth???  It is sterling with
some prooof marks on it.

My other problem with a n M6 I bought several months ago with an
international warranty (and no silver medal or Handbook of the Leica
system) was that it was very hard to rewind.  In view of the fact that
several Lugs had reported that they had broken the rewind on an M6 I sent
it to DAG, who handles the warranty problems for this dealer.  He reworked
the rewind system and it works very easily now.

I also have another M6 and notice that the metering is off about 1/3 of a
stop more or less.  Is there any easy way to adjust the meters so that they
read the same???  If not, I will have to adjust them by adjusting the ASA
setting.  One is pretty close to my Minolta IV F meter.

Remember, protect your red dots!!

Dick Hemingway
Norman, OK