Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 Shutter Problem
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 22:07:25 -0700

Nick--

Sounds like shutter bounce. As the second curtain slams shut, it ricochets
back out into the frame, which is probably causing the band of underexposure
along the edge of the frame. It just takes a tweaking of the shutter, I'm
told. It's not an affliction limited to older M's -- I have a two-month-old
M6H in the shop to have that problem fixed.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.