Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 HM focusing improvement
From: nightblind@juno.com (Don B)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 09:21:42 -0700

To Tom Abrahams:

Tom,

Having just read your article on the current Leica 50mm f/2.8 lens in the
most recent issue of the _Viewfinder_, I am curious why you refer to this
lens throughout the article as an "Elmarit?"  I recently bought a new
50/2.8 and enjoy it for the same reasons you stated in your article.  The
name engraved on mine is "Elmar," as is all information from Leica
regarding the lens.  The photos accompanying your article show yours to
be engraved "Elmar" also.  I realize that, for the most part, the name
assigned by Leitz/Leica to f/2.8 lenses is Elmarit but the 50/2.8 Elmar
has been an exception.

Just curious.

Don

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]