Subject: Re: [Leica] Digital vs. Film
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 16:55:44 +0200

LUGers
Thanks for the reasurance that film still has a contribution to make
alongside digital.  I also hope that this is true for a few more years.  I
have just bought a used Liesegang 9x12 (5x4) enlarger in a flea market
complete with two enlarging lenses a 90mm Friedrich Munchen
Axinon,(whatever that is) and a Schneider 105mm Companon.  It has huge
condensers but strangely the glass negative carrier has one glass
diffussed.  Is this the best of both worlds or the worst? Never heard of
them combined before.  For 35mm film I have to use the 90mm because the
bellows won't collapse enough to focus my El Nikkor 50mm.  Of course I will
have lots of fun experimenting but to save me some aggro do any of you have
a suggestion as to whether I should aim for a low contrast negative for the
condensers or a hard negative for the diffused carrier.

The good news is that the whole lot cost me 250 kronk which is about $30.
Wow.

Alan Hull