Subject: [Leica] R8: Matrix Metering and your EI for transparencies
From: Myers Pete <MyersPete@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 20:58:26 EDT

Dear LUGnuts:

In my switch over in shooting from negs to Kodachrome, I made a post about
personal EIs when using the R8 with Kodachrome.

Ted thinks (as do I) that there is a slight positive bias in exposure with the
R8 in Matrix mood. Ted likes his transparencies a tad bit more saturated then
the camera gives straight out (did I get that right Ted?).

I am off to shoot next week having NO film tests concluded as the local rain
has robbed me of typical light. So, I am running a bit of an opinon pole for
R8 uses.

When shooting transparencies with your R8 on matrix, which film are you using
and what EI are you shooting it at? Perhaps it would be best to also explain
your subject matter, such as landscape, reportage, or portrait.

I hope others will enjoy sharing thoughts on EIs as well.

BTW, Ian in Katmandu - are you going to take that R8 home or just let them
leave it on the shelf????? hee hee hee

Pete Myers