Subject: Re: [Leica] Crazy idea
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 20:43:17 -0500

At 09:15 AM 5/8/98 -0700, you wrote:
>	I have a crazy idea, but what if Leica were to offer one or two of their
>premier R lenses in other mounts?( ie. Canon, Nikon, etc.)  Now I'm not
>suggesting that they offer the whole line, but say the 100 apo macro and
>maybe the 15.  I think that this would benefit Leica by the increased

They can't do the 15 even if they wanted. It's a Zeiss lens. ;-)

As for your idea, it's a good one, except for the expense of converting it
would probably be as much as an R8! And they are too small to do multiple
mounts. And other cameras have physical characteristics that would make it
impossible. Such as the EOS1n. Except for with the Zorkendorfer adapter
which lets you use any Leica lens on an EOS1n, but only wide open, I believe.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Mi.caw.ber n [Wilkins Micawber, character in the novel David Copperfield
(1849-50) by Charles Dickens : 1852] : one who is poor but lives in
optimistic expectation of better fortune