Subject: Re: [Leica] Summicron-M 90/2 Filter E-49
From: TTAbrahams <TTAbrahams@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 02:30:34 EDT

Lucien, It did exist. I used to have one, the serial number was 29xx xxx ( I
am not being coy, I have just plain forgotten it). The hood had the most
irritating tendency to slide over the aperture ring and you were forever
trying to change aperture by turning the hood!! In the end I drilled a hole in
the hood in an extended position and locked it in place with a set screw. It
had a small incident involving a gravel road and the front element ( hood got
pushed in even with the set screw) and was replaced with the  later version.
It was not a good design even though optically it was the same as the later
version( current version). The serial# was a very early one for the then "new"
90/2 and indicated a 1978/79 lens. If I can find the complete number among my
records I will pass it on to you. That lens also had a tendency to loose the
front ring, in the end it was held on with nailpolish on the threads!
Tom A