Subject: Re: [Leica] Solm's Lack of Quality
From: dci@aa.net (Don Chatterton)
Date: Sat, 9 May 1998 08:22:58 -0800

Bud:

You wrote:

>I've seen enough to know that there is a big problem with the products
>coming out of Solms.  What surprises me is the blas=E9 attitude of those wh=
>have had to experience these problems.

I don't know how much you have seen, but we've seen it  all, new and used,
in all conditions, and are amazed at the lack of problems. If there are all
of these "problems", we haven't seen them, and we are looking.....as our
warranty coverage on used equipment would costs us in the big time.

The biggest problem is over-lubrication, but seldom anything major.

If you really want sloppy, screwed-up stuff, with everything from defective
glass to totally inoperative bodies, get involved with Contax G1 & 2.
Really bad.

If Solms gets involved very deeply with those guys, there could be big time
problems.

Only after experiencing them, Leica looks wonderful.

Don Chatterton