Subject: SV: [Leica] Solm's Lack of Quality
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 09:41:01 +0200

> Fr=E5n: Chuck Warman=20
> I'm not *about* to take sides on this one, but a couple of questions ar=
in
> order:
>=20
> 1.  Of the 400 LUGnuts, how many have an 80 Summilux?  Not many, I'd
wager.
>=20
> 2.  What is an acceptable rate of factory defects on a $2,000 80mm lens=
?

During a short money earning stint at Volvo Data I learned that the best
tester for QA purposes was the USER.  That is why all companys issue a
gaurantee with the product.  You, the user are the unpaid and therefore
cheaper part of the QA workforce.  Under gaurantee terms the faults and
problems DO get back to the factory computers and are analyzed. =20

Alan Hull=20