Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #37
From: "adrian bradshaw" <abpeking@public.bta.net.cn>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 18:53:54 +0800

Royfel wrote:

>Been out in the field a lot and every once in a while I have to tighten the
>battery cap on my M6.  With the exception of glue or chewing gum on how to
>keep it tight--just not permanently tight?

You might try the R5/R6 type coin slot screw-in battery compartments. I
understand they work fine (call yr Leica importer and ask - then order if
they confirm it). I heard also that Leica offers a replacement coin-slot
battery compartment cover as an unlisted special order - I suspect this is
the same as the above-mantioned bit though.
I have found the only practical alternative is to be more vigilant when
carrying yr M6. After the eyepiece fell off my first one and it took two
months to get a replacement I am obsessive about checking the screw-in bits.

Bests

Adrian