Subject: [Leica] michael Kenna
From: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 19:51:20 +0100

You asked:

>Off the subject (I'm sure no Leica is involved) does any one know what camera
>and film Michael Kenna uses?

I had the wonderful experience of taking a workshop with Michael Kenna in
1992. At that time, most of his work had been shot with Nikon, but he was
just starting to use the 'blad. He used it during some of our evening
shoots; I used my M3, for which he expressed some admiration. He admires
classic cameras and craftsmanship. Perhaps he might have gone to Leica, but
probably he feels a larger format is more suitable for the type of work he
does. Last I heard he was using Tri-X almost exclusively.

Nick Hunter