Subject: Re: [Leica] Elmarit 19 f/2.8 1st Version
From: nightblind@juno.com
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 19:54:16 -0600

Eric,

>Personally, I'd get a 21 f/4 for that price if I could find one. It's a
>better lens, if a stop slower. The newer one will cost you at least
another
>thousand dollars. But I think it's worth it.

Is your recommendation based on the physical size of the 1st version
19/2.8 or strictly on performance?  Price is a big concern and $1000 more
for the later version, unless it is head and shoulders in performance
above the 1st version, more than I can really spend at this time (I'd
rather put the money into a 75/1.4 Summilux M).

Your help is appreciated.

Don

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]