Subject: Re: [Leica] TID> Rolls and Jaguar
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:49 +0100 (PDT)

Bud Cook wrote:

> I think BMW is going to pull their engines now that VW won the war to
> buy RR.
[snip]

Indeed so. VW has said it wants Cosworth (another Vickers subsidiary, just
like RR Motors) to develop a replacement engine.  I'll wager this is
merely the start of VW's negotiations to *buy* Cosworth from Vickers.

And FWIW, no-one wanted the Bentley models with BMW engines...they're
*dreadful*.