Subject: Re: [Leica] Tom Kumagai
From: nightblind@juno.com (Don B)
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:08:45 -0700

>> That was then, this is now. Leitz cameras are fabulous, as are a
number of Japanese cameras. Can't we just leave it at that?<<

If someone in the Japanese camera industry supposedly stole designs from
Zeiss then how come Zeiss is having the Contax line of cameras
manufactured there and so many of the wonderful Zeiss T* lenses?  Seems
to me that they don't hold a grudge against Japan so why should anyone
else.  Water under the bridge comes to mind, along with a lot of nonsense
about who stole what from whom.

Along with my Leica lenses I simply love the Kyocera made Zeiss T*
lenses.  I have been hard pressed to find anything sharper than my
current Zeiss 35/2.8 Distagon.  Certainly nothing else in its price range
compares, in fact not much in price ranges way above it.  I may be
ostracized here for this but my 35 f/2 Summicron didn't come close to it
(and I consider myself a hardcore Leica lover too!).

Just my opinion.
Don

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]