Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #41
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 18:46:29 -0500

At 09:54 PM 5/11/98 +0800, you wrote:

>comment that the Leica was not first but was the most elegant and ultimately
>most successful commercially. Hence its adoption by 35mm pioneers and
>ensuing historical significance.  Rgds

It didn't help that many in and out of Leica helped for many years to
perpetuate the myth they had the first. I'm sure there was more than one
pre-Leica 35mm camera, but I don't think any sold very many.

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface.