Subject: Re: [Leica]stay in style
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 20:53:29 -0600

Out of curiousity, does anyone know how to purchase Leica Camera stock in
the US of A, does this get a person financial reports in English, and (heh)
how has it been as an investment--worth the extra hassles at tax time?

I suspect that, in the US at least, more of us are coming home with new
Leica gear for the first time ever, what with lowered prices and appealing
product lineup. Better brand recognition would probably help move more Minis
and other high-margin items. One start would be to introduce The Wonders of
Leica to new audiences. This comes at the expense of some exclusivity, of
course. In a world filled with inexpensive electronic cameras, there is room
for mechanical excellence, too, whether the camera be battery- or
spring-powered; now to tell the world it exists, and that it's worth every
penny :-)

Jeff