Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 notes
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 07:23:23 -0500

At 09:54 PM 5/11/98 +0100, you wrote:
>>>Surely I'm not the only one who uses the self-timer in lieu of toting

>I think it's one of the "little better things" on an R8. We all have used
>cable releases at some time, but the 2 & 12 second timed release for longer
>exposures is great. The only time I get into a hassle is when I don't have
>a flash light to see which buttons to press. :)

Yeah. Why can't it be always set until you turn it off? That would have
made more sense to me, but on the other hand, I often leave the mirror up
way too often, and for a second I think my camera is broken, or the battery
is dead, until I realize what I've done. Anybody else have that happen? Hit
the shutter release, mirror goes up, camera goes dead, and you are ready to
cuss a blue streak and remember the lever is set the "wrong" way?

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

God is REAL, unless explicitly declared INTEGER