Subject: Re: [Leica] Solm's Lack of Quality
From: CESARIGD <CESARIGD@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 16:33:54 EDT

My two cents:

I baught in december '97 a 21 mm asphero new (quite rare for me, as I buy
nearly everything second hand).
Believe it or not, the rear glass had some peckles and the lens has been
exchanged by the factory. Glad to have the new one, perfect, but it is
astonishing as quality control.
The most humble japanese brand sacks out this kind of misproduction.

One another fact : I baught last year a 35 Summilux asphero Mk II used but as
new.
Ten months after, the blades of diaphragm were exhibiting OIL. I never ever
kept it in hot place.
Nice quality control again ...

This does'nt alter in anyway my love for Leica touch and smoothness.

Regards,
Dominique.