Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography(2)
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 14:47:08 -0700

Donal Philby wrote:

> I've had several almost identical critiques, all from engineer types,
> after I have spend much time and creative energy making something
> technical look stunning with lighting and composition.  Each has looked
> at the resultant photos, really studied it, and said"
>
> "Well, I don't see anything wrong."

As an engineer myself, I must say those words are
high praise indeed!  :-)

Actually, just last week I was admiring for quite
some time the photo of the Bronica and lens that
appeared in _Shutterbug_.  The more I studied it,
the more I realized how well it was lighted - the
light really brought out the shapes and features.
Also, there were several nice subtleties - such as how
the rim of the lens (on the body) was shot at an
angle so as to make the front glass element just
meet it at a tangent - very elegant.  In fact,
I looked for the photographer's name and was
surprised not to find any credit given.

- -Dave