Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography(2)
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 18:47:02 -0600

At 06:01 PM 12/05/98 +0200, you wrote:
>LUG-nuts
>Does any lugger have a story about the best or the worst critique he
>received.

I guess for me the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.  I occasionally
sell some photos, and customers are perhaps the first to express their
distaste or satisfaction with the results.
   One time I was asked to photograph a very large woman -- she was about
300 lbs.  She wanted me to make her look thinner. (I should have offered to
buy her a treadmill.)  Anyway, I suggested that I pose her behind her sofa,
with her head sticking out over the top.  So, there was a 300 lb woman
hiding behind a 150 lb sofa, and it made her look 150 lbs thinner!  She
loved the photo.  For me, that was the best critique of a photo of a sofa
that I had ever received!

- -GH