Subject: [Leica] Re:Solm's Quality
From: "Paul T. Collura" <pcollura@epix.net>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 23:38:59 -0400

Jim,

I would have to agree with you.  I have purchased, mostly new, several
M6 bodies, nearly all the M lenses; R6.2, R7 and many of the R lenses
without ever having a problem related to Leica quality control.  I have
dropped a few pieces
which required service but that was after all my fault.  I originally
switched to Leica from Nikon when my Nikon F3 failed while on vacation
in Venice which left me stranded without a camera in the most photogenic
city in the world!! I have never regretted the switch from Nikon. I do
have a Canon EOS A2 mini system for action photography as my eyesight at
age 52 is not what it used to be. In all fairness the Canon equipment
has been faultless as well.

Long live Leica!

Paul T. Collura