Subject: Re: [Leica] Just got my first Leica (M3)
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:46:08 -0400

At 03:54 PM 13-05-98 +0200, M. wrote:
>Dear LUGgers,
>

>I got my first Leica camera today: An M3 in superb condition.  It's a late
>model, serial no. 1077xxx, manufactured in 1963 according to the Leica
>Pocket Book.  I bought it with a 50mm f2.8 Elmar, also in suberb
>condition.  According to the previous owner, it had been sitting in a bank
>vault for the past 15 odd years.

Congratulatons!  I'm sure you will enjoy your 'new' camera.  One word of
advice, as the camera has been sitting unused for 15 years, I would
recommend excercizing the shutter a bit before taking real pictures with
it. I bought an old F2 from a friend in similar condition to your M3.  At
first the shutter speeds were way off, and the shutter showed signs of
uneven travel times between curtains (tapering, I think its called).  After
a few days of playing with the camera, the shutter returned to its regular
self.

Dan C.