Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Users-Be Careful!
From: Robert Rose <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 10:57:37 -0700

Mark,
You can set the shutter to B before you put it in the bag.  That turns the meter off.
Bob

>>> MRitter465 <MRitter465@aol.com> 05/12 5:53 PM >>>
A couple of days ago I posted a question regarding the battery life on the M6.
It seems that mine were not lasting very long.  A nice person responded
(sorry, don't recall the name) suggesting that I check the way my camera fits
in the bag.

Sure enough,  I have a small Domke bag with the inserts.  They are just tight
enough to put pressure on the shutter release.  We all know that it doesn't
take much pressure to activate the meter.  I've been metering the inside of my
bag constantly!  Hence, short battery life.

I've determined a new way to place the bodies in the bag without touching the
release.

Other M6 users may want to check their bags too.

Mark
Austin, TX