Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: "Goggles"/ was 35mm on M3
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 22:04:08 +0200

No, it is not the focusing cam but the cam that keys in the right
frameline. So it keys the 50 mm frame on M6 - could be right, haven=B4t
checked. Raimo

- ----------
> From: vonohlen <vonohlen@lightspeed.net>
> To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Subject: [Leica] Re: "Goggles"/ was 35mm on M3
> Date: 13. toukokuuta 1998 3:11
>=20
>=20
> 1.  As regards use of the M-3 goggled lenses on a later camera (such =
as
the M-6).  Since these had the 50 mm focusing cam, you would still have=
use the goggles on the M-6.
>=20
> 2.  The question is, will the M-3 goggles fit the smaller rangefinder=
 on
the M-6?  I don't have a body other than the M-3 at present to see if t=
he
viewfinder/range finder would line up with both cameras.  Does anyone h=
ave
the M-3 goggles and an M-6 to find out in real life if they do???  (I m=
ight
have missed the answer to this, but...)
>=20
> 3.  As regards the M-6 hm, does the M-6 hm accept all of the focusing
cams that the normal "classic" M-6 does?
>=20
> 4. For single body owners, has Leica created a need and market for
goggles to use lenses that could be used on the "classic" M-6 but could=
 not
be used on the M-6 hm?