Subject: [Leica] OFF-TOPIC: XTOL, Rodinal, and TMZ
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 12:28:13 -0400

At 07:30 PM 5/13/98 -0700, Michael Leitheiser wrote:
>Dunno the whole answer, but I use tmz at 1600 in 1:1 xtol a lot and don't
>think there is much grain at all.  TMZ in Rodinal (not too exotic(:  should
>give you all the grain you could possibly wish for.

Ah, but for some reason it doesn't.  Try Rodinal:  you will be astounded.
The grain structure is substantially better than with TMZ souped in XTOL,
especially in shadow areas.

Rodinal is actually an extremely fine-grain developer but, unfortunately,
it lumps the grain together to make that "grain like golfballs" effect we
all know.  It doesn't clump it in TMZ, though.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!