Subject: Re: [Leica] Best camera bag for backpacking
From: Peter Goldberg <peterg@martinhamblin.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:50:11 -0400

Henning J. Wulff wrote:

> >Have a look at the Lowe Pro Offroad. It is very nice for your purpose. The
> >side pockets are detachable making for a very small, but expandable, pack
> >attacing with a waist strap + shoulder strap.
> >
> >The main bag will easily take an M and 3 lenses.
> >
> >Harold

Another "helpful" suggestion:  I use an excellent lumbar bag made by
Cannondale, the bike people.  It has two large internal sections, with small
additional pockets; one section is padded.  There is an additional seperate
access section plus the obligatory bottle pockets (I use a vacuum bottle with
cafe latte).  Can be fasteded around the waist, carried by hand and slung over
the shoulder.  Takes two Leicas with lenses, plus a lense or two & bits.  This
goes with me on the motorcycle.

Peterg