Subject: [Leica] 180 f2.8 apo
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 09:46:06 -0400

Ted Grant,

     >>Hey,  I'm sorry I'm getting some of you to look at your bank
accounts;<<
                   >>that's life in the new wave world of leica optics!<<

All right, Ted, I think it's time to empty your bank account for the new
180 f2.8
apo. Just in case that you're hesitant, let me chat about it briefly :-)!

Slide results: textures are rich in detail, edge sharpness is awesome,
colors & whites are pure & saturated; overall impact is that of being in
the presence of
the subject!

Build quality: focusing is precise & smooth, balance w R8/winder is
impeccable,
close focusing range of 1.5 meters & it's performance close up is great.

Are you salivating properly yet? Good! Then don't hesitate, trade your old
180 Elmarit now ;-)!

Tom D.