Subject: Re: [Leica] Lightmeter Choice
From: WILLIAM CALDWELL <sneeker@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 12:16:18 -0500

SNIP --
Steven Blutter wrote:

> or can anyone suggest a decent tiny hand held meter -

SNIP --

Steven,

After much looking I picked up a Sekonic L-308 BII (about $249 at better
photo stores).  Weight without battery (one AA) is 2.8 oz. and it has a
matte black finish.  It is used with my M3, M4, and M6.  I rrreally like
the meter's direct readout on an LCD display.  While it has a strap, it
is easy to slip in and out of a pocket

I use it in incident light mode; it also has reflected light mode.
Sekonic is presently offering a three (3) year guarantee on the L-308
BII.   The specifications for it were on B&H's web site
<www.bhphotovideo.com>.   I believe Sekonic has a site, but I do not
have the URL.

Best Regards,
Bill Caldwell