Subject: [Leica] Tip: Kodak Mailers
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 11:42:05 -0400

Tip:  When using Kodak Mailers put your 35mm film cassettes in the
plastic containers before you put the film inside the mailer.  This
will keep the film cassette cap from popping off during rough handling
by the post office.

I learned this lesson the hard way.  Having just switch to exclusively
using slide film for  a while, I decided to use mailers to save some
money.  I didn't put the film cassettes inside the plastic containers
before putting them in the mailer because I didn't think they would
fit, but they do.  I managed to get away without a problem for a while
but I lost 7 shots on the beginning of my last roll of film and got a
"PhotoGram" (form letter) from Kodak that read "To help prevent
shipping damage to processing orders, be sure to use film containers
when they are supplied".

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA