Subject: Re: [Leica] Sports with an M6-2nd opinion
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 21:07:48 -0500

At 09:44 PM 5/17/98 -0400, you wrote:

>to get the mirror up.)  I know that   the experienced sports photographers
>learn to anticipate that moment and fire accordingly, but for me it was
simply
>easier to not have to anticipate that instant.

Experienced sports photographers (including myself) know, also, that an SLR
is the way to go with serious sports photography. You just can't follow
focus with an M6 like you can with any SLR. It's possible, but good sports
photography isn't setting focus and waiting for the subject to enter the
plane of foucs (for most action sports anyway). Talk about anticipation!

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

When there's a will, I want to be in it.