Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/1.4 R - new & unnoticed
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 12:27:29 -0600

At 09:01 AM 18/05/98 +0000, you wrote:
 I was impressed with the contrast and edge of frame of
>frame sharpness, but not with the center sharpness from 1.4 to 2.8.  In this
>one respect, I have seen better performance from Nikon and Canon.  In other
>respects (contrast, edge of frame sharpness, and light fall-off), the Leica
>appears to be better.

I get the distinct impression that other manufacturers seem to be able to
produce 50's that match or exceed the quality of the Leica 50 summilux-R.
As far as the new version is concerned, I sure hope that we don't see an
incremental improvement at an excremental cost.

- -GH