Subject: [Leica] Editing
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:25:11 -0700

LUG:
I must admit that I used to shoot lots of BW and boxes and boxes of
negatives that have never seen an enlarger.  And I have piles of BW
prints scattered here and there and never can much find anything.  But
my color 35mm and 6x7 and 4x5 gets edited, entered into the computer,
serial numbered, cross referenced, captioned and labeled then filed in
the cabinets with plastic sheets and pentaflex bars for easy retrieval.
Each sheet has a label with the set number(s) in the sheet.

I'm not saying I couldn't do this for BW.  I'm just saying I don't.  And
my use of BW has slowly diminished because I find I seldom do anything
with it.  But my filing has made me wonder if I shot Scala, if I
wouldn't take care of things properly.  Partly it has to do with my
impatience with the darkroom.  To get a print I like can take an hour or
three.

And nobody wants much to buy BW anymore.

So if something doesn't just leap off the contact sheet, it's gonna
spend eternity in a drawer.

donal
- --
- ---