Subject: RE: [Leica] Discount for LUGers, was: M6 HM Serial Numbers
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 10:24:52 -0400

Maybe that's not such a silly idea. Approach an importer from
some little country like the Cook islands or something. Offer
them more Leica business than they've done in the last 30 years
in exchange for near factory prices. Bypass the local distributor
AND retailer.

Now THIS is a really interesting idea. Do any of you serious Leicaphiles
know what the standard retail markup is? I know it varies, but not by much.
Is the margin great enough so that we could get a serious discount from
someone who doesn't do much Leica business?