Subject: Re: [Leica] Discount for LUGers
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 23:08:55 +0200

On 19-05-1998 11:09 Lucien wrote:

>I was more thinking about a discount card, club card, member card etc..
>But to make it accepted worldwide is an other story....
>;-)

Leica already has such thing: the LeicaCard (with two service packs at 99
and 199 DEM respectively) provides for all kinds of goodies, but
unfortunately no discount (yet) on equipment purchases. The LeicaCard is
for the moment only limited to Germany. Among its benefits are a free
landscapes calender, LeicaWorld magazine two times per year, discount
with Agrippina equipment insurance, express repair facilities, the Leica
handbook, special meetings with members at Solms (next meeting planned on
30 and 31 October) and so on. If you want a discount for equipment then
you should take part in a Leica Academy seminar. All participants get an
equipment check for a 10 % discount with a limit of 350 DEM.

>IMHO the 500 LUGers are buying more in one year, than the
>Belgian Importer.

That shouldn't prove to be too difficult... :-)

Pascal

Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch