Subject: Re: [Leica] Brand New M3 for the price of a M6
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:44:33 +0200

Marvin wrote:

>Too many of them have been made for them to become collectibles
(M3)

Marvin,

IMHO the M3 is eminently collectible, specially:

first 1,000
first 10,000
black
last 5,000
German army
and all the others if mint ;-)

>I wasn't surprised to see several M3s for sale at $2000
>for the LN and $2400 for the unused in red box.

That's collector's prices BTW.

Now, I confess that I'm a devotee to my user M3.
I prefer the M6J, but from time to time, I take my
old M3, with an old 50/1,4 and a separate light meter
+ some B&W, just for the nice feeling and the great results.
If the results are not great, it's my fault anyway.
;-)

>I can only wonder how many LUGgers would buy a
>new one today if available.

With some improvement, yes.

Lucien