Subject: Re: [Leica] Polariser 13356 + 43mm ?
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 14:12:08 +0200

Adrian,

>Does anyone out there with a 13356 Universal Polariser for M
>(the new one) use it with a Summilux 50 -
>the old one with 43mm filter thread?
>Does it say anything about compatibility with this lens in
>the  instruction manual?

No, and it is a pity!
But I'm sure Leica will correct that during the next
few weeks.(Before vacations maybe)  ;-)

>Also I heard that the 13356 will work with the Contax G2 46mm filter
>lenses 'with limitations': what do you suppose these limitations are?
>Perhaps it blocks the AF sensors or is it simply that using Leica
>accessories with Contax cameras is verboten? (g)

I've tested that combination with G2 + 28 or 45 or 90
with 46mm ring and it work without any problem.
All you have to do, it's to turn it a little bit,
in order to not obstruct the AF windows with the hinge.
The fact that the Polarizer is linear don't interact
with the AF or the light mesurement.
(in my personnal experience anyway)

Lucien